ABOUT CROW’S THEATRE
Founded in 1983, Crow’s Theatre has been a leading force in the Canadian theatre landscape, recognized for provocative and award-winning new theatre work that has toured nationally and internationally.
In January 2017, following the completion of a $12 million capital campaign, Crow’s opened the doors to its first permanent home, Streetcar Crowsnest. As the first performing arts facility of its kind in Toronto’s East End, Streetcar Crowsnest offers a dynamic spectrum of affordable contemporary theatre, all-ages arts events, wide-ranging community programming and partnerships.
Streetcar Crowsnest houses multiple venues for programming and events: the Guloien Theatre; the Scotiabank Community Studio for performances, rehearsals and community activities; a stunning Lobby Bar; and its adjacent full-service restaurant Gare de L’est.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Crow’s Theatre seeks an Administration Assistant to join our team. This full-time position provides a unique opportunity for an up and coming arts manager to play a meaningful role with a vibrant and entrepreneurial cultural hub.
The position has two primary areas of focus: a) assistance to the general production and organizational administration, and b) providing meaningful support to development / fundraising activities.
The following list outlines a range of specific tasks and responsibilities. Other duties will present themselves on an as needed basis:
- Coordination and upkeep of office supplies and systems
- Provide administrative support to the management team
- Coordinate and attend board meetings, AGM and other committee meetings, including preparing/arranging meeting space, scheduling, and communication with those attending, distributing meeting materials, and taking minutes.
- Assisting with the administration and coordination of production and artistic activities, particularly related to marketing coordination;
- Coordinate and implement website and online updates on a day-to-day basis
- Coordinate and assist with fundraising cultivation, appreciation, and events tasks
- Assist with proposal and report writing
- Coordinate stewardship and fulfillment for individual donors and corporate supporters, including acknowledgement letters, program recognition, tax receipts and record keeping
- Maintain donor database and generate reports
- Relevant post-secondary degree/diploma
- Previous working experience in an arts and/or entertainment company would be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Good time management with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines, and prioritize with minimal direction
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evening and weekends
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Previous experience working with databases would be considered an asset
This is a permanent employment position with a salary commensurate with experience. The position includes participation in Crow’s extended health benefits package.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to “Administrative Assistant” in subject line.
The deadline to apply is August 25, 2017. We thank all applicants, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non- discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.