Box Office / Front of House Representative
Position: Box Office / Front of House Representative
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date of Posting: September 12, 2023
Job Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
ABOUT CROW'S THEATRE
For 40 years, Crow’s Theatre has been a leading force in the Canadian theatre landscape, recognized for provocative and award-winning new theatre work that premiere in Toronto often followed by national and international tours. Crow’s Theatre is distinguished as a preeminent cultural destination for its far-reaching imagination, ideas, exchange, diversity, and grassroots belief that the arts are essential to healthy and thriving communities.
Led by Artistic and General Director, Chris Abraham and Executive Director Sherrie Johnson, Crow’s Theatre is located at the corner of Carlaw Avenue and Dundas Street East in Toronto’s east end. Our home at Streetcar Crowsnest is comprised of four venues for dynamic cultural and community programming: the Guloien Theatre (200 seats); Studio Theatre (90); the Nada Ristich Studio Gallery (80); the full-service Lobby Bar; as well as an onsite restaurant which can accommodate 60 seated indoors and 75 on the outdoor patio.
Crow’s Theatre is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin. Crow’s Theatre is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Crow's Theatre seeks a Box Office/Front of House Representative to join our team. This seasonal part-time position plays an important and meaningful role in our vibrant and entrepreneurial cultural hub.
This position is responsible for ensuring the highest calibre of customer service, operations and guest/patron satisfaction. As a Box Office/Front of House Representative, you will report to the Box Office and Front of House Supervisor(s) and the Manager of Ticketing and Venue Services. This position also works closely with the other departments to support additional events & functions in the venue. Selected candidates must be available to work most evenings and weekends,
- Ensure that all areas of the venue are a clean, safe and attractive public environment for patrons, that maintain the standards of cleanliness for COVID safety protocols
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge on issues of individual privacy, operation of Box Office equipment and software, refunding, ticket resellers etc. to ensure compliance with legislation and industry best practices.
- Manage the efficient and effective operation of all Front of House (FOH) functions.
- Assist and supervise volunteers and other FOH positions as required
- Liaise with the Lobby Bar regarding intermission service, opening nights, special events, meetings and receptions.
- Process any telephone and walk-up ticket orders (single, group, gift certificates, and passes)
- Ensure the security of box office revenue
- Knowledgeable of performance schedules and marketing strategies relevant to ticket sales
- Follow all box office policies and procedures as set forth by Crow’s management
- Maintain an accurate float count and complete accurate cash-out procedures at the end of shift
- Provide the best customer service possible to all patrons entering the theatre
- Respond accurately and promptly to patron inquiries pertaining to the box office, including but not limited to the length of show/run, warnings, age-specific restrictions, local restaurants, travel and transit routes, parking and concerns regarding service charges.
- Inform FOH management of patrons with special needs who will be attending a performance, so that they may be accommodated efficiently and appropriately
- Assist with setting up, tearing down and running additional events and programming in the venue.
- Exemplary track-record of managing customer relations and fostering professional and respectful interactions between patrons and staff.
- Strong knowledge of patron services policies and procedures and industry best practices.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Robust interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Equivalent work experience and appreciation for the Arts.
- Cash management experience required.
- Arts Management Theatre Manager ticketing software knowledge an asset.
- SmartServe certification required and knowledge of Touch Bistro would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, flexible.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise and firmness.
- Enjoys working with the public and volunteers and able to maintain a calm and cheerful manner under pressure.
- Must be dependable, punctual, team player.
This is a part-time position. The hourly rate is $20/hr. Minimum 8-hour week, pending schedule for events.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and a cover letter in PDF form to email@example.com. Please refer to “Box Office / FOH Representative” in subject line.
Crow’s Theatre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment, selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodation during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.