Box Office Representative
Position: Box Office/Front of House Representative
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date of Posting: August 3, 2022
Job Start Date: Late August/Early September
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022
ABOUT CROW'S THEATRE
For more than 30 years, Crow’s Theatre has been a leading force in the Canadian theatre landscape, recognized for provocative and award-winning new theatre work that has toured nationally and internationally. Resonating with Toronto’s civic, community, and cultural milieu, Crow’s Theatre adapts and evolves with the social, economic, and cultural environment of the city. Crow’s Theatre is distinguished as a preeminent cultural destination for its far-reaching imagination, ideas, exchange, diversity, and grassroots belief that the arts are essential to healthy and thriving communities.
Led by Artistic and General Director, Chris Abraham, and Executive Director, Sherrie Johnson, Crow’s Theatre is located at the corner of Dundas Street East and Carlaw Avenue in Toronto’s east end. Our home at Streetcar Crowsnest is comprised of four venues for cultural and community programming and events: the Guloien Theatre (200 seats); Studio Theatre (90); the Nada Ristich Studio Gallery (80); and the Lobby Bar. We also have a full-service restaurant on site that features 60 seats indoors and 75 on the outdoor patio. The facility features state-of-the-art technical and specialized theatrical equipment, full streaming and digital event capabilities, and artistic and administrative offices.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Crow's Theatre seeks a Box Office/Front of House Representative to join our team. This seasonal part-time position is an important and meaningful role in our vibrant and entrepreneurial cultural hub.
This position is responsible for ensuring the highest caliber of customer service, operations and guest/patron satisfaction. As a Box Office/Front of House Representative, you will report to the Box Office and Front of House Supervisor and the Manager of Ticketing and Venue Services. This position also works closely with the Events Department on any private functions in the space.
The following list outlines key responsibilities:
- Ensure that all areas of the venue are a clean, safe and attractive public environment for patrons, that maintain the standards of cleanliness for COVID safety protocols
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge on issues of individual privaty, operation of Box Office equipment and software, refunding, ticket resellers etc. to ensure compliance with legislation and industry best practices.
- Manage the efficient and effective operation of all Front of House functions.
- Assist and supervise volunteers and other FOH positions as required
- Liaise with the Lobby Bar regarding intermission service, opening nights, special events, meetings and receptions.
- Ideally, Smart Serve Certified to assist with Lobby Bar operations when needed during peak times
- Process any telephone and walk up ticket orders (single, group, gift certificates, and passes)
- Ensure the security of box office revenue
- Knowledgeable of performance schedules and marketing strategies relevant to ticket sales
- Follow all box office policies and procedures as set forth by Crow’s management
- Maintain an accurate float count and complete accurate cash out procedures at the end of shift
- Provide the best customer service possible to all patrons entering the theatre
- Responds accurately and promptly to patron inquiries pertaining to the box office, including but not limited to the length of show/run, warnings, age specific restrictions, local restaurants, parking and concerns regarding service charges.
- Inform FOH management of patrons with special needs who will be attending a performance, so that they may be accommodated efficiently and appropriately
- Assist the Events Department by setting up and tearing down the set-ups for the private events
- Exemplary track-record of managing customer relations and fostering professional and respectful interactions between patrons and staff.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, flexible.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of patron services policies and procedures and industry best practices.
- Arts Management Theatre Manager ticketing software knowledge an asset.
- An understanding of or experience with a not-for-profit organization.
- Ability to lift 25lbs+ is an asset
- SmartServe certification required.
- Knowledge of Touch Bistro would be an asset.
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise and firmness .
- Enjoys dealing with the public and volunteers.
- Ability to maintain a calm and cheerful manner under pressure.
- Equivalent work experience and appreciation for the Arts.
- Cash management experience required.
- Must be dependable, punctual, team player.
This is a part-time position. The hourly rate is $20/hr. Minimum 8-hour week, pending schedule for events.
Perks include staff discounts at Crow’s bar and on tickets for Crow’s productions.
COVID-19 VACCINATION & MASK MANDATE
As a condition of employment, all Crow’s Theatre employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 using a Health Canada approved vaccination dosage before joining the organization. For up-to-date information on our vaccination policy and mask mandate please visit our website.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Refer to “Front of House/Box Office Representative” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is Friday, August 12th, 2022.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non- discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.