Canada Summer Jobs Posting
Theatre Production Technician Assistant
- Production and Event Technical Support
- Onsite supervisor for events
- Communication with artists, equipment vendors, and others
- Designing and scheduling crew calls based on technical needs and budget
- Attending production meetings and taking minutes
- Assist season planning with research, planning, and logistics support
- Planning, budgeting, sourcing and creation of various lighting, set and sound needs, as well as the documentation to support this work.
- Vendor relations
- Facility maintenance
- Assist with budget planning
- Other related special services necessary for events or production
Knowledge & Skills:
- Live event technical skills
- A valid driver’s license is an asset
- Passion for the performing arts
- Problem solving skills
- Comfort with physical work
- Strong planning and time-management skills
- In-person duties may be required and will be in stringent compliance with provincially regulated health guidelines, ensuring a safe and comfortable work environment.
- Must be available to work flexible hours due to the nature of the performing arts environment, including evenings and weekends.
To be eligible to participate, in accordance with the terms of the program funding, the individual must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations.
How to apply:
Please send résumé and cover letter as one combined pdf by no later than June 18, 2021 to Michael Gutowski, Technical Director. Please quote the position you would like to apply for on the subject line when applying by email. Email: email@example.com
Crow’s is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community and our country. We encourage submissions from individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities.
Crow’s thanks all candidates for their interest, however, will only contact those selected for interviews.
Start Date: July 19, 2021
End Date: September 5, 2021
Submissions due: June 18, 2021
Remuneration: $14.25/hr at 40 hours per week for 7 weeks