Position: Development Associate
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date of Posting: June 10, 2021
Job Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021
ABOUT CROW'S THEATRE
In January 2017, following the completion of a $12 million capital campaign, Crow’s opened the doors to its permanent home, Streetcar Crowsnest. As the first performing arts facility of its kind in Toronto’s East End, Streetcar Crowsnest offers a dynamic spectrum of affordable contemporary theatre, all-ages arts events, wide-ranging community programming and partnerships.
Led by Artistic and General Director, Chris Abraham, and Executive Director, Sherrie Johnson, Crow’s Theatre at Streetcar Crowsnest houses multiple venues for programming and events: the Guloien Theatre; the Scotiabank Community Studio for performances, rehearsals and community activities; a stunning Lobby Bar; and its adjacent full-service restaurant Gare de l’Est.
Crow’s Theatre seeks an enthusiastic and organized Development Associate to join our team. This full-time position provides a unique opportunity for an early- to mid-career fundraiser to play a meaningful role with a vibrant and entrepreneurial cultural hub.
- Work with the Director of Development to report on the impact of donors’ support
- Write thank you letters and issue charitable tax receipts to donors to Crow’s Theatre
- Coordinate recognition fulfillment, including onsite signage, website, season reports, and other donor benefits
- Support donor stewardship and client hosting events by managing guest lists, donor communications, material development, and other duties as required
- Research new and existing donors to identify opportunities for new donors and increased support
- Assist with preparation of proposals and other fundraising materials
- Working with the Director of Development, and in collaboration with colleagues in Marketing and Communications, coordinate e-blasts related to development initiatives, including calls to action for Giving Tuesday or other development campaigns throughout the year.
- Function as the primary caretaker of the fundraising database (Theatre Manager), ensuring precise, consistent, and accurate donor and donation tracking
- Track pledges and prepare reminders on a monthly basis
- Provide administrative support to the development department
- 1-3 years’ experience working in development
- Previous experience working in the non-profit arts and culture sector is preferred but not required
- General knowledge of fundraising best practices, procedures and standards
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a project from inception through completion
- Strong written communication skills (writing samples will be requested of interviewees)
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Previous experience working with CRMs would be considered an asset
- Good time management with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities
- A natural self-starter who takes initiative, contributes ideas, and is comfortable working independently
- Strong judgement skills and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
Salary range: $45,000 - $50,000
To apply, please email your detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refer to “Development Associate” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is Friday, June 25, 2021 at 5 pm. ET. We thank all applicants, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin. We strongly encourage applicants from equity-seeking groups to apply.