Marketing and Communications
Digital Media and Content Creator for Crow's Theatre
Position: Digital Media and Content Creator
Date of Posting: April 19, 2022
Job Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: Open until filled
ABOUT CROW’S THEATRE
For more than 30 years, Crow’s Theatre has been a leading force in the Canadian theatre landscape, recognized for provocative and award-winning new theatre work that has toured nationally and internationally. Resonating with Toronto’s civic, community, and cultural milieu, Crow’s Theatre adapts and evolves with the social, economic, and cultural environment of the city. Crow’s Theatre is distinguished as a preeminent cultural destination for its far-reaching imagination, ideas, exchange, diversity, and grassroots belief that the arts are essential to healthy and thriving communities.
Led by Artistic and General Director, Chris Abraham, and Executive Director, Sherrie Johnson, Crow’s Theatre is located at the corner of Dundas Street East and Carlaw Avenue in Toronto’s east end. Our home at Streetcar Crowsnest is comprised of four venues for cultural and community programming and events: the Guloien Theatre (200 seats); Studio Theatre (90); the Nada Ristich Studio Gallery (80); and the Lobby Bar. We also have a full-service restaurant on site that features 60 seats indoors and 75 on the outdoor patio. The facility features state-of-the-art technical and specialized theatrical equipment, full streaming and digital event capabilities, and artistic and administrative offices.
Crow’s Theatre is seeking a full-time Marketing & Communications Content Creator to join our small but mighty team. The ideal candidate is passionate about Canadian theatre, is an enthusiastic digital marketer, and loves to make great content.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for the ideation and creation of content that connects Crow’s Theatre to prospective new audiences. The Marketing & Communications Content Creator must be fearless in the face of deadlines, be capable of juggling multiple projects, deliver detailed, high-quality work, and possess a great sense of humour.
Collaborate with and support the Director of Marketing and Communications in developing and executing a comprehensive and extremely effective strategy for marketing and promoting the theatre season, for programming at Streetcar Crowsnest, for partner productions and digital and multi-platform presentations, and the overall Crow’s Theatre’s brand.
- Curate, copy write, design, and produce relevant and entertaining content for a variety of audiences using different platforms and mediums including; social media, newsletters, blogs, podcasts, video, info graphics, sponsorship proposals, signage, invitations, advertisements, media releases, artist bios, cross-promotions, patron communications, contests, and so much more.
- Project management, research, compelling copywriting, graphic design, photography, videography, editing, and the promotion of organic and sponsored posts in order to engage and develop new audiences via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, Google, etc.
- Manage Crow’s Theatre social media accounts by creating and maintaining a seasonal editorial calendar of posts; designing and creating exciting visual content; day-to-day content delivery, leveraging social media technologies, un/following accounts; monitoring, pro-actively engaging with, and reporting activity.
- Manage the weekly Mailchimp newsletter which includes creating and curating content, designing templates, and tracking, analyzing, and reporting results.
- Website updates (DesignEdit), maintenance and SEO, minimal HTML coding, plus regular audits of the site for out-of-date or incorrect information, broken links, etc.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel of our brand image across all public facing channels of communication.
- Collect, prepare, and create all information and materials for digital show programs.
- Actively contribute to the success of other departments by supporting their marketing and communications graphic design requirements.
- Marketing and communications administration including: creating presentations, critical paths, spreadsheets, and documentation as required; organising and managing marketing department digital files, calendars, databases and collateral; participate in general office duties and upkeep; and perform additional administrative tasks as required.
- Strong creative mindset with post-secondary education in graphic design, marketing, communications, business, or related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a previous marketing, content creation, or social media role, preferably in an arts organization.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Canva, Mailchimp, Meta Business Suite, and Microsoft Office 365 platform including OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams.
- Fluent across social media channels with strong foundational knowledge of best practices, familiarity with emerging trends and technology in digital media, and able to navigate digital media management, monitoring, and analytic tools with ease.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with confidence but knows when to be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, and listening.
- High-level organizational skills with a keen eye for detail, no matter how small
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including attending performances, events, rehearsals, meetings etc. on evenings or weekends.
- Comfortable with giving and receiving feedback, and the willingness to learn and explore on the job is the greatest asset.
This is a permanent full-time employment position with a salary commensurate with experience. The position includes participation in Crow’s extended health benefits package and pension plan. Standard 40 hours, with evening and weekend work required. Occasional evening and weekend work is required, particularly during the run of shows.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
COVID-19 VACCINATION & MASK MANDATE
As a condition of employment, all Crow’s Theatre employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 using a Health Canada approved vaccination dosage before joining the organization. For up-to-date information on our vaccination policy and mask mandate please visit our website.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and a cover letter, in PDF form, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to “Digital Media and Content Creator” in subject line.
The deadline to apply is OPEN. Interviews shall be conducted as soon as a qualified candidate applies and is selected. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Thank you to all applicants; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis. We are also committed to building a more equitable, inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, culture, nationality, family status, sexual orientation, and physical ability. If you require any accommodations during the hiring process, please email us confidentially at email@example.com.