Event Sales Manager
Event Sales Manager for Crow’s Theatre
Position: Events Sales Manager
Start Date: January or February 2018
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
ABOUT CROW’S THEATRE
In January 2017, Crow’s opened the doors to a beautiful new venue: Streetcar Crowsnest. As the first performing arts facility of its kind in Toronto’s East End, Streetcar Crowsnest offers a dynamic spectrum of affordable contemporary theatre, all-ages arts events, wide-ranging community programming and partnerships.
In addition to being a vibrant cultural hub, the new facility was custom-designed and purpose-built to be an attractive and functional space for weddings, social and corporate events.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Crow’s Theatre seeks a fabulous Events Sales Manager to join our team, specifically to drive sales of venue for weddings, social and corporate events. Our dream Sales Manager is a true “triple-threat”: a self-starter with a keen knack for identifying and cultivating prospective clients, a deft ability to close the deal, and a proactive team-player who can work flexibility within a creative environment and team.
This is an interesting opportunity for a skilled, energetic events/sales individual to work with a business that is more than an events space. As a multi-purpose venue, we seek an individual who is onboard with our unique business model and who is genuinely sales-oriented.
This position will consistently strive to maximize revenue and promote relationships with social/corporate clients. You will target and win business via proactive outside sales calls, hosting tours, networking, attending industry and association events etc.
This position works in close partnership with Crow’s Event Manager, who is responsible for the department planning, operations and client event execution.
While the majority of your role will be focused on sales, a flexible portion of your schedule will, on occasion, be utilized for on-site and day-of event coordination / implementation.
The following list outlines key responsibilities:
- Meet annual sales targets on a quarterly and annual basis, and prepare monthly sales reports
- Proactively identify potential clients, develop new ideas and opportunities to grow revenues
- Internet and Business Prospecting – identifying of number of sales leads per week
- Generate and present proposals and contracts to customers, tailored to their requirements
- Effectively utilize sales software and systems to track and manage sales leads and bookings
- Engage with potential clients to convert new and past business (acquisition, stewardship, retention)
- Deftly provide potential clients with dynamic tours of the facility and its creative assets
- Prepare proposals and contracts based on Crow’s business standards and with an alertness to the importance of new business
- Instigate outbound sales activity to generate business in low demand periods
- Ensure clear communication with clients with respect to the space, service and expectations
- Work closely with the Event Manager to ensure client satisfaction and a seamless hand-off from the Sales Manager to the Event Manager or other day-of staff
- Develop and implement departmental marketing strategies, including maximizing social media content and engagement
- Collaborate with other departments to strategically convert organization leads into venue clients
- To perform any other reasonable task as required by management in order to advance the department and organization’s success
- A minimum of 5+ years experience with venue and event management, with demonstrated success in a similar sales position
- Highly motivated and self-driven with a demonstrable sales instinct and appitude
- Familiarity with facility or event management software is a requirement
- Proficient in computer programs: Word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of Mac computers and systems would be an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently or as part of a team
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills
- Ability to listen effectively and reflectively to client needs in order to achieve win-win contracts
- Able to work efficiently in fast paced environment and handle stress effectively
- A post secondary education in sales or hospitality would be an asset but is not required
- This position is full time with flexible hours
This is a permanent employment position with a salary commensurate with experience. The position includes participation in Crow’s extended health benefits package.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Refer to “Event Sales Manager” in subject line.
The deadline to apply is December 15, 2017. We thank all applicants, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non- discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.