Front of House/Box Office Representative
Front of House/Box Office Representative for Crow’s Theatre
Position: Front of House/Box Office Representative
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Start Date: Late September 2018
Application Deadline: August 23, 2018
ABOUT CROW’S THEATRE
Founded in 1983, Crow’s Theatre has been a leading force in the Canadian theatre landscape, recognized for provocative and award-winning new theatre work that has toured nationally and internationally.
In January 2017, following the completion of a $12 million capital campaign, Crow’s opened the doors to its first permanent home, Streetcar Crowsnest. As the first performing arts facility of its kind in Toronto’s East End, Streetcar Crowsnest offers a dynamic spectrum of affordable contemporary theatre, all-ages arts events, wide-ranging community programming and partnerships.
Streetcar Crowsnest houses multiple venues for programming and events: the Guloien Theatre; the Scotiabank Community Studio for performances, rehearsals and community activities; a stunning Lobby Bar; and its adjacent full-service restaurant Gare de L’est.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Crow’s Theatre seeks a Front of House/Box Office Representative to join our team. This a seasonal part-time position provides a unique and meaningful role with a vibrant and entrepreneurial cultural hub.
This position is responsible for ensuring the highest caliber of customer service, operations and guest/patron satisfaction. As Box Office and Front of House Representative, you will report to and work closely with the theatre’s Ticketing and Patron Services Manager in creating and maintaining top-notch customer services, while at the same time performing the duties of Box Office and Front of House Representative necessary for the venue to run smoothly, including but not limited to:
- Ensure that all areas of the venue are a clean, safe and attractive public environment for patrons.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge on issues of individual privacy, operation of Box Office equipment and software, refunding, ticket resellers etc. to ensure compliance with legislation and industry best practices.
- Manage the efficient and effective operation of all Front of House functions.
- Assist and supervise volunteer ushers and other FOH positions as required
- Liaise with the Lobby Bar regarding intermission service, opening nights, special events, meetings and receptions.
- Ability to assist with Lobby Bar operations when needed during peak times
- Process any telephone and walk up ticket orders (single, group, gift certificates, and passes)
- Ensure the security of box office revenue
- Knowledgeable of performance schedules and marketing strategies relevant to ticket sales
- Follow all box office policies and procedures as set forth by Crow’s management
- Maintain an accurate float count and complete accurate cash out procedures at the end of shift
- Provide the best customer service possible to all patrons entering the theatre
- Responds accurately to patron inquiries pertaining to the box office, including but not limited to the length of show/run, warnings, age specific restrictions, local restaurants, parking and concerns regarding service charges.
- Inform FOH management of patrons with special needs who will be attending a performance, so that they may be accommodated efficiently and appropriately
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and manage individuals and teams.
- Exemplary track-record of managing customer relations and fostering professional and respectful interactions between patrons and staff.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, flexible.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of patron services policies and procedures and industry best practices.
- Arts Management Theatre Manager ticketing software knowledge an asset.
- An understanding of or experience with a not-for-profit organization.
- Must have SmartServe certification
- Knowledge of Touch Bistro would be an asset
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise and firmness
- Enjoys dealing with the public and volunteers
- Ability to maintain a calm and cheerful manner under pressure
- Equivalent work experience and appreciation for the Arts
- Cash management experience required
- Must be dependable, punctual, team player
This a seasonal part-time position from October 2018-April 2019.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to “Front of House/Box Office Representative” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, August 23, 2018. We thank all applicants, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.