Position: Manager of Ticketing and Venue Services
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Start Date: Immediate
ABOUT CROW'S THEATRE
For almost 40 years, Crow’s Theatre has been a leading force in the Canadian theatre landscape, recognized for provocative and award-winning new theatre work that premiere in Toronto often followed by national and international tours. Resonating with Toronto’s civic, community, and cultural milieu, Crow’s Theatre adapts and evolves with the social, economic, and cultural environment of the city. Crow’s Theatre is distinguished as a preeminent cultural destination for its far-reaching imagination, ideas, exchange, diversity, and grassroots belief that the arts are essential to healthy and thriving communities.
Led by Artistic and General Director, Chris Abraham and Executive Director Sherrie Johnson, Crow’s Theatre is located at the corner of Carlaw Avenue and Dundas Street East in Toronto’s east end. Our home at Streetcar Crowsnest is comprised of four venues for dynamic cultural and community programming: the Guloien Theatre (200 seats); Studio Theatre (90); the Nada Ristich Studio Gallery (80); the full-service Lobby Bar; as well as an onsite restaurant which can accommodate 60 seated indoors and 75 on the outdoor patio.
Crow’s Theatre is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non- discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, or national origin. Crow’s Theatre is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
This position is an integral person in Crow’s team, supporting all departments and acting as the in-house expert on our CRM database system (Theatre Manager). The Manager of Ticketing and Venue Services is responsible for the management and successful execution of venue ticketing operations and for the impeccable delivery of front of house guest/client services for performances, events, and activities in the venue.
The position trains and manages a team of ticketing, front of house, bar and venue staff, as well as an active complement of volunteer ushers in theatre season.
- To effectively plan and manage the execution of all ticketing operations:
- Provide excellent ticketing services to all patrons and producers
- Plan and deploy all ticketing operations related to the CRM database functionality and maintenance including compliance, performance/event builds, ticketing, subscription, and promotional functionality, patron emails, and detailed reporting
- Hire, train, and manage a team of box office and front of house supervisors and representatives
- Deliver timely and accurate reports to directors, as well as producers (internal and external)
- Provide timely and accurate settlements of all production and event box office statements
- Handle and report guest/client concerns and special requests to high industry standards
- Manage ticketing department budget
- Coordinate with the Bar Manager to maintain inventory and quality service at the bar
- To ensure superior front of house patron services for performances, events and activities in the venue.
- Hire, train, schedule and manage part-time and seasonal employees able to execute all front of house and services to the surpassed satisfaction of audiences, rental clients and guests
- Liaise with stage and production staff to ensure cohesive and smooth teamwork in the execution of all performances and events
- Collaborate with other department heads to ensure facility programming / bookings best optimize traffic flow, sufficiently timed and staffed turnaround, and guest services
- Provide onsite event management and/or supervision for key events
- Actively monitor and evaluate guest/client experiences to initiate guest-driven improvements
- Responsible for training and compliance related to health and safety policies and service standards
- At least 4 years of management or supervisory experience in ticketing services
- At least 2 years of experience with CRMs and backend functionalities of CRM management (experience with Theatre Manager CRM is an asset)
- Experience in effectively managing and prioritizing tasks simultaneously
- Experience in patron and client relationship management
- Experience with social and corporate event management or supervision would be an asset
- Knowledge of audience development best practices
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed