Marketing and Communications Associate for Crow’s Theatre
Position: Marketing and Communications Associate
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Start Date: November 12, 2021
Application Deadline: November 1, 2021
About Crow’s Theatre
Crow’s Theatre is a leading force in the Canadian theatre landscape known for their provocative and award-winning new theatre works that follow their world premiere in Toronto with national and international tours.
In January 2017, following the completion of a $12 million capital campaign, Crow’s opened the doors to its first permanent home, Streetcar Crowsnest. As the first performing arts facility of its kind in Toronto’s East End, Streetcar Crowsnest offers a dynamic spectrum of affordable contemporary theatre, all-ages arts events, wide-ranging community programming and partnerships.
Led by Artistic and General Director Chris Abraham, and Executive Director Sherrie Johnson, Streetcar Crowsnest houses multiple venues for programming and events, the Guloien Theatre, the Community Studio, the (coming soon) Nada Ristich Studio-Gallery, a stunning Lobby Bar, and its adjacent full-service restaurant Gare de l’Est.
About the Position
Crow’s Theatre is seeking a full-time Marketing & Communications Associate to join our small but mighty team. The ideal candidate is passionate about Canadian theatre, is an enthusiastic arts marketer, and loves to make great content.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, creating, and managing various elements of Crow’s Theatre’s overall marketing and communications strategy. The Marketing & Communications Associate must be fearless in the face of deadlines, be capable of juggling multiple projects, and possess excellent attention to detail (and a great sense of humour).
Crow’s Theatre has optimistically embarked on an ambitious season of live and digital shows after being dark for 18 months. The ideal candidate understands the immensity of being able to gather together in the theatre again.
- Support the Director of Marketing and Communication in developing and executing an effective strategy for marketing and promoting the theatre season, other programming at Streetcar Crowsnest, the digital and multi-platform presentations, partner productions, and Crow’s Theatre’s brand.
- Take the lead on the weekly Mailchimp email newsletter campaign which includes creating and curating content, designing templates, and tracking, analyzing and reporting results. Experience marketing with Mailchimp essential.
- Participate in the management of Crow’s Theatre social media accounts; creating and maintaining a seasonal editorial calendar of posts; designing and creating visual and digital content; add accounts to follow and purge others; tracking and reporting activity.
- Identify, engage and develop new audiences via online advertising on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Google.
- Website updates and maintenance with regular audits of the site for out-of-date or incorrect information, broken links, etc.
- Collect and prepare all information and materials for the creation of show programs.
- Copywriting for different audiences and different mediums including newsletters, social media posts, invitations, advertisements, media releases, artist bios, patron communications, etc.
- Liaise with various stakeholders for the promotion of marketing related initiatives as well as arrange and execute cross-promotions with local businesses and community organizations, other arts organizations, and like-minded enterprises.
- Graphic design (image and video) for social media, website, e-communication, signage and other collateral as needed.
- Actively contribute to the success of other departments by supporting their marketing and communications requirements.
- Marketing and communications administration including: creating power point presentations, critical paths, spreadsheets, and documentation as required by the Marketing department, senior management and external stakeholders; organising and managing marketing department files, calendars, databases and collateral; the design, approval and distribution of various marketing materials, participate in general office duties and upkeep; and perform additional administrative tasks as required.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, business, or related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a previous marketing, content creation or social media role, preferably in an arts organization.
- Proficiency with Mailchimp, the Office 365 platform including OneDrive and SharePoint, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills plus excellent listening skills.
- A keen eye for detail with high-level organizational skills.
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including attending performances, events, rehearsals, meetings etc. on evenings or weekends.
- Previous experience with ticketing and/or CRM programs considered an asset.
- Experience with graphic design, video editing, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, and Google Ads considered an asset.
- Experience with website maintenance and HTML coding an asset.
- Willingness to learn and explore on the job is the greatest asset.
This is a permanent employment position with a salary commensurate with experience. The position includes participation in Crow’s extended health benefits package.
Salary range: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00
To apply, please email your detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Refer to “Marketing and Communications Associate” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is Monday, November 1, 2021.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin. We strongly encourage applicants from equity-seeking groups to apply.
Download full job description here.