Producer (Maternity Leave)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Producer (Maternity Leave) for Crow’s Theatre
Position: Producer (1 Year Contract, Maternity Leave)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date of Posting: June 15, 2018
Job Start Date: October 2018
Application Deadline: Open. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found
ABOUT CROW’S THEATRE
Since 1983, Crow’s Theatre has been a leading force in the Canadian theatre landscape, recognized for provocative and award-winning new theatre work.
In January 2017, Crow’s opened the doors to Streetcar Crowsnest, the first performing arts facility of its kind in Toronto’s East End. Streetcar Crowsnest offers a dynamic spectrum of affordable contemporary theatre, all-ages arts events, wide-ranging community programming and partnerships. Crow’s upcoming 36th season, with 10 shows in-house and 3 touring productions, will be our third season at Streetcar Crowsnest.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This posting represents a maternity-leave cover.
Crow’s Theatre seeks an energetic and motivated Producer to join our team for the 2018-19 season. Our dream candidate will be a proactive team-player who can work flexibly within a creative environment. Reporting directly to the Managing Director and Artistic Director, this individual will be the primary liaison to the theatre’s co-producers and partners, and all applicable labour and industry associations.
Main duties and responsibilities will include all administration, financial management and operations related to the theatre’s artistic production and programming, including managing all production related contracts, HR needs, budgeting, reconciliation of expenses, production and rental settlements, touring arrangements, and the timely completion of all reports for funding agencies. The Producer shall be accountable, be the driving force, and demonstrate leadership in regards to production teams, production related timelines, deadlines and tasks, ensuring completion in a timely manner.
The following list outlines key responsibilities:
- Producer shall take over the implementation, tracking and settlement of all budgets and projects in the 2018-19 season, a total programming budget upwards of $1.4-million. Together with Management, the Producer will develop and finalize all production, co-production, touring and auxiliary programming budgets for the 2019-20 season
- Producer shall produce the theatre’s productions.
- Producer shall be responsible for the timely completion of all reports for funding agencies, including written, financial and statistical reporting.
- Producer shall be the primary liaison to all labour and industry associations
- Producer shall be the driving force for the timely completion of all operating grant applications and related reports
- Producer shall be responsible for the detailed planning and successful roll-out of all programming related activities in the facility, including creation of critical paths and ensuring their completion in a timely manner
Production & Programming:
- Producer shall be the primary liaison to the theatre’s co-producers and partners, and shall be responsible for all co-production financial reconciliations.
- Producer shall supervise and/or execute the successful and timely negotiations of all artistic and production contract engagements, including but not limited to actors, directors, playwrights, designers, stage management and production personnel.
- Producer shall support the development of marketing and communication budgeting, and supervise the accurate tracking and final-actuals reporting
- Producer shall be accountable, be the driving force, and demonstrate leadership for all production teams, production related timelines, deadlines and tasks, ensuring on-time and on-budget completion
- Producer shall be accountable for monthly and quarterly reporting, including cash flow planning for the department
- A minimum of 5+ years experience in producing and/or production management
- Highly motivated and self-driven with a demonstrable record of productivity and aptitude
- Demonstrable familiarity and experience with applicable industry labour agreements
- 2+ years experience with production budgeting with production or season budgets of 300k or more
- Highly proficient in computer programs: Word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of Mac computers and systems would be an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently or as part of a team
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills
- This position is full time with flexible hours
This is a one-year contract position with a salary commensurate with experience. The position includes immediate participation in Crow’s extended health benefits package.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Refer to “Producer” in subject line.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
We thank all applicants, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s Theatre is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non- discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.