Call for Applications - Technical Production Intern
Aug 5, 2020
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Canada Summer Jobs
Technical Production Internship
Crow’s Theatre is seeking a Technical Production Intern to join our team as we prepare for our 2020-21 season. This position provides a unique opportunity to play a meaningful role in the further development of a ground-breaking cultural and community company and hub in Toronto.
The primary areas of focus for the Technical Production Intern position will be providing production support to the Technical Director and Director of Production with pre-production tasks and execution of productions and events in our 2020-21 season. The intern willgarner real-world hands-on experience in the planning, communication and design of technical production needs associated with live and online events and theatre productions. The successful candidate will benefit from industry professionals who have a practical perspective with many years of experience in technical production. The opportunity will acquaint the candidate with practical aspects of theatre and event production from concept for the production through to methods of coordinating the implementation of technical design.
Production and Event Technical Support
- Designing and scheduling crew calls based on technical needs and budget
- Attending production meetings and taking minutes
- Creation and amendment of standard operating procedures
- Planning, budgeting, sourcing and creation of various lighting, set and sound needs, as well as the documentation to support this work.
- Vendor relations
- Assist with budget planning
- Other related special services necessary for the event or production
- Pursuing post-secondary education in Technical Theatre Production or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Good time management with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines, and prioritize with minimal direction
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy with ability to work independently
- Previous experience working with AutoCAD, Vectorworks, QLab, ETC or Strand Operating Systems, GrandMA Operating Systems, or Isadora would be considered an asset
- Previous working experience in an arts and/or entertainment company would be an asset
To be eligible to participate, in accordance with the terms of the program funding, the individual must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations.
Contract Dates: September 28– November 20, 2020 (30hrs/week for 8 weeks)
Outside work hours are 9:30am-5:30pm with non-regular work hours may be expected for production and event activity.
Compensation: The compensation for this position is $14.00/hr.
Location: Due to the current state of the pandemic, this position will take place both online and in the theatre, when necessary.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject line TECHNICAL PRODUCTION INTERN
Deadline to apply EXTENDED TO Friday September 4, 2020.