- Solo Productions presents
- Stephen Massicotte
- Kent Staines
- Jan 31 - Feb 16, 2019
- 85 mins
A love story set against the backdrop of World War I, Mary's Wedding is an epic, unforgettable story of love, hope, and survival.
When Mary and Charlie unexpectedly find one another sheltering in a barn during a thunderstorm, a tentative love is born. But the year is 1914, and they must surrender their fates to the tumultuous times of the First World War. Their love story extends from the fields of Canada's Prairies to the battlefields of France's Moreuil Wood, as the playwright weaves time, dreams and memory together to remind us that the heart is beautifully resilient. Mary’s Wedding is a moving memorial to both the Great War and great love.
One of the most celebrated of Canadian plays; Mary's Wedding has received more than a hundred productions in Canada, the United States, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. On the occasion of the 100th Anniversary of the end of World War I, producers Mary Young Leckie (Prom Queen the Musical and the Producer of the award-winning film Maudie) and Derrick Chua are thrilled to present this new production of a Canadian classic.
Mary's Wedding contains strobe lighting, mature language and fog effects. Recommended for ages 12 and up. Children under 6 are not permitted at any production.
- Fraser Elsdon
- Kate Ross
- Produced by Mary Young Leckie and Derrick Chua
- Stephen Massicotte - Playwright
- Kent Staines - Director
- David Boechler - Set Design
- Jason Hand - Lighting Design
- Creighton Doane - Sound Design and Composition
- Trysha Bakker - Costume Design
- Andrea Baggs - Stage Management
- Suzie Balogh - Production Management
- Taylor Young - Assistant Production Manager
- Dan Murphy - World War I Consultant
- Caitlin Driscoll - Dialect Coach
- Ashley Belmer, B-Rebel Communications - Publicity
- Jordan Probst - Photography
- Jordan Probst & Akiva Romer-Segal - Graphic Design
- Steel & Oaks Design - Carpenters
- Ksenia Ivanova - Scenic Artist