- Crow’s Theatre presents Côté Danse
- Choreography by Guillaume Côté
- Jun 14 - Jun 18, 2023
- Guloien Theatre
“The piece is very powerful and shows an evolution of Guillaume Côté’s style as a choreographer.”
– Chroniques de danse
X (DIX) connects to the myth of Odysseus about journeying far but always desiring to return home. The piece explores the notion of the “inner compass” and the idea that “home” may be a state of mind. A symbol of completeness, finality and perfection, the number ten (dix) is associated with the beginning of the life cycle and the inevitable transformations that this entails. X (DIX) was conceived during the pandemic – a transformative time when travellers were summoned home, and when the very concept of what we call home gained new importance.
Five performers share a minimalist stage setting amplified by the surging and sculptural sounds of American experimental band Son Lux.
Informed by his classical ballet vocabulary, Guillaume Côté’s choreography contours space with resonant geometries and fervent human connections. Contemporary lines and forms, with a sleek edge and refined athleticism, give his work a bracing quality.
Photo of Rakeem Hardy, Martha Hart, Benjamin Landsberg, Kelly Shaw by Sasha Onyshchenko.
Dates & Times
Wed Jun 14, 2023 – 7:30pm
- Thu Jun 15, 2023 – 7:30pm Buy Tickets
- Fri Jun 16, 2023 – 7:30pm Buy Tickets
- Sat Jun 17, 2023 – 1:30pm Buy Tickets
- Sat Jun 17, 2023 – 7:30pm Buy Tickets
- Sun Jun 18, 2023 – 1:30pm Buy Tickets
- Wed Jun 14, 2023 – 7:30pm Buy Tickets
- Martha Hart - Performer
- Natasha Poon Woo - Performer
- Willem Sadler - Performer
- Kelly Shaw - Performer
- Evan Webb - Performer
- Guillaume Côté - Choreographer
- Anisa Tejpar - Creative Assistant + Rehearsal Director
- Son Lux - Music
- Yso South - Costume Design
- Simon Rossiter - Lighting Design
- Jean-Hugues Rochette - Stage Manager