- Crow’s Theatre and Théâtre français de Toronto present Le collectif Nous sommes ici, le Théâtre Catapulte and La Bordée coproduction
- Maxime Beauregard-Martin
- Alexandre Fecteau
- Jun 2 - Jun 10, 2022
- Guloien Theatre
Singulières is a must-see, without a doubt. - Radio Canada
For two years, playwright Maxime Beauregard-Martin and director Alexandre Fecteau, recipient of the Crow’s Theatre RBC Rising Star Emerging Director Prize, conducted multiple interviews with a group of single women in Québéc pursuing happiness that does not include marriage and motherhood.
A funny, lively, and surprising investigation, Singulières redefines the contemporary single woman by exploring feminism and the Catholic conventions with deep roots in Québec culture. Through intertwining interviews, live camera work, and the imaginative use of green-screen technology, Singulières is a series of beautiful stories about women who, in spite of society’s expectations, are leading fulfilling and fascinating lives.
Both documentary theatre-makers and regular collaborators, Maxime Beauregard-Martin is a playwright and performer and Alexandre Fecteau is an award-winning director and playwright as well as Artistic Director of le collectif Nous sommes ici.
Performed in French with English subtitles.
Please click HERE to purchase tickets to a digital performance of Singulières, running June 11 to 26, 2022
Dates & Times
- Thu Jun 02, 2022 – 8:00pm Buy Tickets
Fri Jun 03, 2022 – 8:00pm
- Sat Jun 04, 2022 – 2:00pm Buy Tickets
- Sat Jun 04, 2022 – 8:00pm Buy Tickets
- Sun Jun 05, 2022 – 2:00pm Buy Tickets
- Tue Jun 07, 2022 – 8:00pm Buy Tickets
- Wed Jun 08, 2022 – 2:00pm Buy Tickets
- Wed Jun 08, 2022 – 8:00pm Buy Tickets
- Thu Jun 09, 2022 – 8:00pm Buy Tickets
- Fri Jun 10, 2022 – 8:00pm Buy Tickets
- Alexandre Fecteau - Director
- Maxime Beauregard-Martin - Writer