Lo (Or Dear Mr. Wells)
- A Nightwood Theatre production
in association with Crow's Theatre
- Rose Napoli
- Andrea Donaldson
- Oct 25 - Nov 11, 2017
- 95 min (No intermission)
It was ten years ago that Laura was Alan Wells’ student at Northwood Catholic School. She was uncharacteristically intelligent for fifteen years old—perceptive and vulnerable—a dream student for an uninspired English teacher. Now, at twenty-five years old, Laura has written her first book. She calls it ‘Dear Mr. Wells’ and Alan is the first person she wants to read it.
A feminist retake on a student / teacher relationship, wrestling with burgeoning sexuality and consent, literature and passion, right and wrong, Lo (Or Dear Mr. Wells) was developed through Nightwood Theatre’s Write from the Hip playwright’s unit.
Content warning: Mature content
Due to the sensitive and intimate nature of the show, latecomers will not be admitted.
Napoli already has the gifts of sharp, believable dialogue, captivating imagery and deeper thematic resonances that many writers far more experienced lack. - Toronto Star
Lead Season Sponsor
- Vivien Endicott-Douglas
- Sam Kalilieh
- Andrea Donaldson - Director
- Rose Napoli - Playwright
- Kaileigh Krysztofiak - Lighting Designer
- Deanna Choi - Sound Designer
- Suzie Balogh - Production Manager
- Ken James Stewart - Stage Manager
- Michelle Langille - Assistant Director
- Kathleen Johnston - Costume Coordinator
- Care Robertson - Props Coordinator