Photo by Naz Afsahi
Old Man and the River
- Crow’s Theatre presents a WeeFestival Production
- Created by Lynda Hill and Thomas Morgan Jones
- Concept, Dramaturgy and Direction by Lynda Hill
- Dec 19 - Dec 23, 2020
- 60 mins
- Scotiabank Community Studio
Crow's Theatre is thrilled to welcome back this Family favourite!
A grumpy little old man lives in his little house in the woods by the river. Every day is the same and he likes it this way-until one day, a magical creature leaps into his world and everything changes!
This beautifully designed puppetry work performed without words to an enchanting musical score, reveals a storybook world where rivers sing, trees laugh, and curious dragonflies come to visit. With its themes of friendship, communication, play, adjusting to change, Old Man and the River is perfect for the youngest theatregoer.
Old Man and the River has toured throughout Canada and has received unanimous praise from children, parents, grandparents, and teachers for its artistry and engaging story.
Old Man and the River is the perfect introduction to theatre for the very young and their grownups!
This show features interactive pre-show and post-show audience engagement created especially for this age group.
RP (Relaxed Performance) | Autism Friendly: The gentle, welcoming atmosphere, an interactive pre-show and post-show audience engagement as well as an on-line Social Story makes Old Man and the River suitable for children of all needs and abilities.
This production was originally produced by Theatre Direct and premiered in 2014 at the first edition of The WeeFestival of Arts and Culture for Early Years. Since then, it has performed for thousands of children and their families in Toronto, throughout Ontario and across Canada.
About The WeeFestival
The WeeFestival of Arts and Culture for Early Years was launched in 2014 as a project of Theatre Direct Canada, an established creator and presenter of theatre for young people. The festival presents theatre and performance from around the world and across Canada created especially for children 0-6 years. The festival also invests in the creation of new work through commissions and seed funding in order to encourage more work for very young audiences created by Canadian artists. In 2019, the festival under the leadership of Lynda Hill, became an independent organization celebrating its 5th edition in May 2020.
Creative Youth Program Sponsor
Dates & Times
- Sat Dec 19, 2020 – 11:00am
- Sat Dec 19, 2020 – 2:00pm
- Sat Dec 19, 2020 – 4:30pm
- Sun Dec 20, 2020 – 11:00am
- Sun Dec 20, 2020 – 2:00pm
- Sun Dec 20, 2020 – 4:30pm
- Tue Dec 22, 2020 – 11:00am
- Tue Dec 22, 2020 – 2:00pm
- Wed Dec 23, 2020 – 11:00am
- Wed Dec 23, 2020 – 2:00pm
- Lynda Hill - Creator, Concept, Dramaturgy and Director
- Thomas Morgan Jones - Creator
- Kelly Wolf - Original Production Design
- Nicky Phillips - Original Music
- Jennifer Lennon - Original Lighting Design
- Mike Petersen - Original Puppetry
- Eric Woolfe - Original Puppetry