- Curated by Noam Bierstone
- One night only - Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 8pm
- 80 minutes including intermission
- Guloien Theatre
The 2021/22 Soundstreams New Voices guest curator is Canadian percussionist Noam Bierstone.
PERCUSSION THEATRE is his curated concert experience exploring the fascinating concept of instrumental theatre – the music doesn’t just accompany an action, the music is the action. The theatrical nature of works draw audiences in, while opening ears to new and fantastic sound worlds.
The repertoire of PERCUSSION THEATRE includes: In Praise of Shadows and Orison by Kotoka Suzuki performed by Joyce To, Jasmine Tsui, and Louis Pino; Dressur by Mauricio Kagel performed by Noam Bierstone, Ben Duinker, and Randall Chavez; and Corporel by Vinko Globokar performed by Noam Bierstone.
The concert run time is approximately 80 minutes, including intermission.
- Joyce To, Jasmine Tsui, Louis Pino - In Praise of Shadows and Orison by Kotoka Suzuki
- Noam Bierstone, Ben Duinker, Randall Chavez - Dressur by Mauricio Kagel
- Noam Bierstone - Corporel by Vinko Globokar
- Noam Bierstone - Curator
- Sebastian Marziali - Lighting Designer