(EVERYONE I LOVE HAS) A TERRIBLE FATE (BEFALL THEM)
- A VideoCabaret Production in Association with Crow's Theatre
- Cliff Cardinal
- Karin Randoja
- Oct 10 - Nov 12, 2023
- 80 minutes with no intermission
- VideoCabaret's Deanne Taylor Theatre, 10 Busy Street
Cliff Cardinal and Karin Randoja are back collaborating for a third time on (EVERYONE I LOVE HAS) A TERRIBLE FATE (BEFALL THEM) which reveals a dark comedy about life, death, and what terribleness lives in between. Cardinal deftly performs multiple characters in this provocative and profound one-man-show, with Randoja’s darkly humorous twist on what it means to be human.
Cliff Cardinal is an associate artist at VideoCabaret, where he premiered Too Good to Be True, “a captivating tale that solidifies Cardinal as one of the most talented and intriguing writers in the country” (NOW Magazine). He was named a Canadian Cultural Icon in 2022 (The Globe and Mail) for William Shakespeare’s As You Like It, A Radical Retelling by Cliff Cardinal. The show was produced by Crow’s Theatre and was recently presented by Mirvish Productions as The Land Acknowledgement, or As You Like It at the CAA Theatre.
For over 30 years Karin Randoja has specialized in creating and directing original devised performances, including A Field Guide to Fevers and Curses, Huff, Cliff Cardinal’s CBC Special, This is the Point, Gertrude and Alice, Jacinto, Brotherhood: The Hiphopera, Breakfast, and Clean Irene and Dirty Maxine. Randoja is a celebrated founding member of Primus Theatre and The Independent Aunties.
To learn more about VideoCabaret, visit http://www.videocab.com
OFF-SITE: (EVERYONE I LOVE HAS) A TERRIBLE FATE (BEFALL THEM) will be performed at VideoCabaret's Deanne Taylor Theatre, 10 Busy Street (east of Logan Avenue, one block north of Queen Street East). It's just a 10-minute walk from Streetcar Crowsnest!
PERFORMANCE NOTESMask Required Performances
Audience Advisory: (EVERYONE I LOVE HAS) A TERRIBLE FATE (BEFALL THEM) features mature language and themes, substance abuse, and mentions of suicide.
- Sunday, October 15 @ 2:00pm (also a Pay-What-You-Can performance)
- Tuesday, October 24 @ 8:00pm
💎 Subscribe & Save! Purchase a four or six ticket flexible subscription and save up to 30% compared to single tickets!
Dates & Times
- Tue Oct 10, 2023 – 8:00pm (preview)
- Wed Oct 11, 2023 – 8:00pm (preview)
- Cliff Cardinal - Robert
- Cliff Cardinal - Playwright
- Karin Randoja - Director and Dramaturge
- JB Nelles - Set and Props Designer
- Sage Paul - Costume Designer
- Raha Javanfar - Lighting Designer
- Alex Williams - Sound Designer
- Natércia Napoleão - Assistant Director (ThisGen Directing Fellow 2022-23 supported by Why Not Theatre)
- Layne Coleman - Producer
- Aaron Rothermund - Producer
- Andrew Dollar - Technical Director
- Jennifer Stobart - Stage Manager
- Merle Harley - Set and Props Builder and Sticher
- Steph Venerus - Assistant Set and Props Builder