The English-language premiere of a story inspired by the headlines, a world away.
On Friday December 17, 2010, a fruit vendor named Mohamed Bouazizi ignites a fire that will burn its way across the Arab world.
A fictional account written by Stéphane Brulotte gives Karim, a forensic pathologist, the task of performing an autopsy on his body as protests erupt throughout Tunisia and beyond. Charged with clearing the Tunisian government of any blame in his death, the doctor must reconcile his own safety, the future of his country, and the dignity of a young man that sparked the Arab Spring.
For Pleiades Theatre:
For Crow's Theatre:
- Saïd Benyoucef - Dr. Karim Djebara
- Adam Paolozza - Mohamed Bouazizi
- Stéphane Brulotte - Playwright
- John Van Burek - Translator
- Majdi Bou-Matar - Director
- Teresa Przybylski - Set and Costume Designer
- Jennifer Lennon - Lighting Designer
- Daniel Morphy - Soundscape