Manager of Ticketing and Venue Services
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Manager of Ticketing and Venue Services
Position: Manager of Ticketing and Venue Services
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date of Posting: December 5, 2018
Preferred Job Start Date: January 2018
Application Deadline: December 24, 2018
ABOUT THE POSITION
This full-time position provides a fantastic opportunity for a skilled, organized and client-focused individual to manage ticketing and front of house / event execution for one of the country’s most innovative, energetic and fastest growing mid-sized theatres.
This position is an integral person in Crow’s team, supporting cross-company departments. The Manager of Ticketing and Venue Services is responsible for the management and successful execution of venue ticketing operations and for the impeccable delivery of front of house guest/client services for performances, events and activities in the venue.
The position trains and manages a team of ticketing, front of house and venue staff, as well as an active complement of volunteer ushers in theatre season.
The following list outlines key responsibilities:
1. To effectively plan and manage the execution of all ticketing operations:
- Provide excellent ticketing services to all patrons and producers
- Detailed and accurate planning and deployment of all ticketing operations related to the CRM database functionality and maintenance, including compliance, performance/event builds, reporting,
- Hire, train and manage a team of box office and front of house supervisors and representatives
- Design and build of all ticketed events, subscription packages and spec
- Timely and accurate reporting to directors, as well as producers (internal and external)
- Timely and accurate settlement of all production and event’s box office statements
- Handle and report on guest/client concerns, complaints and special requests to high industry standards
- Accountable for ticketing department related budget
2. To ensure superior front of house guest/client services for performances, events and activities in the venue.
- Hire, train, schedule and manage part-time and seasonal employees able to execute all front of house and services to the surpassed satisfaction of audiences, rental clients and guests
- Liaise with stage, production and events staff to ensure cohesive and smooth teamwork in the execution of all performances and events
- Collaborate with other department heads to ensure facility programming / bookings best optimize traffic flow, sufficiently timed and staffed turnaround, and guest services
- Provide onsite event management and/or supervision for key events
- Actively monitor and evaluate guest/client experiences to initiate guest-driven improvements
- Ensure sustainable and effective operating systems and standards to achieve coordinated and consistent brand and guest/client experiences
- Responsible for training and compliance related to health and safety policies and service standards
- At least 4 years of manager or supervisory experience in ticketing services
- Attention to detail is critical, as well as superior organizational skills
- A deep understanding of exceptional customer and client service
- Experience is effectively managing tasks simultaneously; excellence in organizing and priorities
- Excellent and polished interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience in patron and client relationship management
- Knowledge of ticketing CRMs and backend functionalities of CRM management
- Experience with social and corporate event management or supervision would be an asset
- High professional standards with an acute attention to detail
- Ability to react constructively to feedback and manage conflict and/or complaints effectively
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge of audience development best practices
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
This is a full-time permanent position. A competitive package will be provided with salary and applicable benefits.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and a cover letter in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 24, 2018 at 5PM. Please refer to “Manager of Ticketing and Venue Services” in subject line.
We thank all applicants, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s Theatre is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non- discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.