ROCKING HORSE WINNER
- A Tapestry Opera Production in Association with Crow's Theatre
- Gareth Williams and Anna Chatterton
- Michael Hidetoshi Mori
- Nov 1 - Nov 12, 2023
- Tickets start at $50
- Guloien Theatre
EIGHT PERFORMANCES ONLY!
Tapestry Opera in association with Crow’s Theatre present a new production of the 2016 world-premiere, award-winning ROCKING HORSE WINNER by Gareth Williams and Anna Chatterton, directed by Michael Hidetoshi Mori.
Winner of five Dora Mavor Moore Awards, including Outstanding Production and Outstanding Direction, ROCKING HORSE WINNER is a modern adaptation of D. H. Lawrence’s masterful short story of the same name. This powerful one-act opera combines magical realism and lyrical minimalism to offer an intimate, psychological look at love, luck, greed, and obsession.
Tapestry Opera is an award-winning, Toronto-based company dedicated to creating, developing, and performing original Canadian opera that resonates with and enriches a diverse Canadian public. Tapestry is passionate about uniquely Canadian stories told in innovative settings and unforgettably interpreted by world-class artists.
To learn more about Tapestry Opera, visit https://tapestryopera.com/.
PERFORMANCE NOTESMask Mandatory Performances:
- Sunday, November 5 @ 1:30pm (also a Pay-What-You-Can performance)
“Rocking Horse Winner is a winner.” The Globe and Mail
💎 Subscribe & Save! ROCKING HORSE WINNER is included in several subscriptions which offer savings of up to 40% compared to single tickets!
Dates & Times
Wed Nov 01, 2023 – 7:30pm (preview)
Thu Nov 02, 2023 – 7:30pm
- Sat Nov 04, 2023 – 1:30pm Buy Tickets
- Sun Nov 05, 2023 – 1:30pm Buy Tickets
- Wed Nov 08, 2023 – 7:30pm Buy Tickets
- Thu Nov 09, 2023 – 7:30pm Buy Tickets
- Sat Nov 11, 2023 – 7:30pm Buy Tickets
- Sun Nov 12, 2023 – 1:30pm Buy Tickets
- Wed Nov 01, 2023 – 7:30pm (preview) Buy Tickets
- Gareth Williams - Composer
- Anna Chatterton - Librettist
- Kamna Gupta - Conductor
- Michael Hidetoshi Mori - Director